Sunday 29 June 2014

LABYRINTH : Continues

Bonjour friends,


Hope you liked my 2nd post because my this one is in continuation with 
LABYRINTH : A Short Fiction :P


http://ishikagupta99.blogspot.in/2014/06/labyrinth-short-fiction.html



CHAPTER 2 


Mr. Anderson was sitting upright on the bed, all drenched in sweat.

Childhood memories began to flash in front of his eyes. He remembered the words of his mother- “Andy, my son, you are gifted, you have a sixth sense, today you almost saved me.”

That day was Wednesday, he woke up at sharp 8.00 am, immediately ran downstairs, into the hall, pushed his mother, she fell down on the red carpet, about to yell at him. Moments later, the big, magnificent indoor chandelier on the roof detached from the hook and fell down on the floor with a loud noise.

That was precisely the fourth time when Andy’s dream came out to be true.

He wiped his sweat on his forehead from the handkerchief, grabbed his fully loaded gun and started to move towards the door.
He looked out from the magic eye; unexpectedly he saw figure of a man standing out. He thought probably the dream was a random one, thankfully. He cautiously opened the door, rotating the exactly similar golden knob.

Now, a man was standing in front of him, well suited, about 6 feet tall, white with a medium built.
The man was Mr. Smith.

Before Anderson could react, Smith pointed out a gun at him – “To every action there is a reaction, you destroyed my career, my dreams, now it is time for my revenge.”
“See you took me wrong, I think we need a talk.”- Anderson explained preparing himself for a defense.
“No time for a talk Mr. Anderson, get ready to get lost in LABYRINTH FOREVER!”



But before Smith could pull the trigger, Anderson caught hold of his forearm and gave a jerk with the help of his left knee to the hand holding the gun. Smith lost his control over the gun and it fell down on the white marble floor.

Now, it was Anderson pointing the gun at Smith. Smith started running, behind him was Anderson.

After a while Smith stopped, looking directly into the eyes of Anderson. He slowly slipped out a knife from his pocket – “Today, if I can’t kill you then, surely I will kill myself, can’t live my life in remorse with a black spot on my career.”

Anderson quickly moved to snatch away the knife from him, whereas Smith was cunningly busy in an attempt to caught hold of Anderson’s gun. A mid of all this a gun shot fired.
It was Smith who pulled the trigger but accidentally with the nozzle pointing himself.
That was the exact scene Anderson had dreamt of. He was confused, feeling lost.
Plethoras of thoughts began to revolve in his head – “How will I prove my innocence? Will this turn out to be exactly as I had dreamt of? Is this my last night? No, No, avoid the dead end, avoid the 14th floor.”

As he was standing there murmuring to himself, he heard footsteps approaching.
Was that his future self following them, he thought and hid behind the wall adjacent to the staircase, to confirm.

He peeped out but was not able to see the person, only shadow. Simultaneously he was thinking – “Is it credible enough to believe that he time travelled to kill nobody, but himself.
Meanwhile, the shadow seemed to be approaching closer, he abruptly started running up the staircase to the 14th FLOOR!


To be continued….


Sorry! have to save something for my next post :P 


PART 3:/http://ishikagupta99.blogspot.in/2014/07/labyrinth-final-journey.html/


you can connect via facebook for updates :

 

https://www.facebook.com/ishikaguptablogs

 

-Any Suggestions or Comments are most welcome.

 

THANKS AND HAPPY READING, ADIEU.

ISHIKA GUPTA



2 comments:

  1. Awww...thats nt right..complete the story...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha to be true , I still have to figure it out myself k aage kya likhu :p

      Delete